Quality Payment Program Updates: Submit 2017 Data Through 3/31
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) ended the Sustainable Growth Rate formula, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) then replaced it with the Quality Payment Program. Remember – the Quality Payment Program has two tracks you can choose: Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs) OR the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). AAOS has shared the details of QPP and MIPS, which can be found on our website, here: www.aaos.org/MACRA-DeliveryReform/.
If you’re an eligible clinician participating in the Quality Payment Program, you can submit your 2017 performance data using the new feature on the Quality Payment Program website (qpp.cms.gov). The 2017 data submission period runs through March 31, 2018, with two exceptions:
- Individual eligible clinicians submitting quality data via claims should have already submitted their claims for processing.
- For groups using the CMS Web Interface, your submission period began on January 22, 2018 and ended on March 16, 2018 at 8:00pm EST.
To get started, go to qpp.cms.gov and click on “sign in” on the top right side of the web page.
- You’ll be required to log into the feature using your Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) credentials user name and password. If you don’t have an EIDM account, you’ll need to obtain one. Use this EIDM user guide to get started. Please note that receiving approval could take several days; therefore, you are encouraged to apply for an EIDM account as soon as possible.
- After logging in, the feature will connect you to the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) associated with your National Provider Identifier (NPI).
You’ll be able to report data either as an individual or as a group. Be sure to login and get familiar with the feature before you submit your data.
Eligible clinicians are encouraged to log-in early and often to familiarize themselves with the system. Data can be updated at any time during the submission period. Once the submission period closes on March 31, 2018, CMS will calculate your payment adjustment based on your last submission or submission update.
To learn more about the Quality Payment Program data submission system, please review this fact sheet or view any of the following training videos:
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Data Submission
- Advancing Care Information (ACI) Data Submission for Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- Data Submission via a Qualified Clinical Data Registry and Qualified Registry
Eligible clinicians who need assistance with the data submission system may also contact the Quality Payment Program by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-866-288-8292. To get the latest information from CMS, visit the Quality Payment Program website.